EGD 065: Matt Frenchman, Sugar
Today I’m talking with Matt Frenchmann, the Co-Founder and CEO of Sugar, a game financing company from London, UK. Matt was previously an investment banker, and in the recent years, he’s been building Sugar, a user acquisition financing company for games. In this episode, we talk with Matt about how he’s been learning how gaming works, and how he can change dept financing for games. I can tell you that the ROAS of this episode is off the charts!
Check out Sugar at https://www.add-sugar.io/
Topics that we cover in this episode include:
- Currently, the best gaming companies raise a lot of venture funding. There was a statistic that I recently read that 40% of tech VC money goes to pay for ads on Facebook and Google. That’s the worst place to put the money to work right?
- What kind of game companies do you fund?
- Let’s do a deep dive into the metrics that you look for, what are they?
- Are there aspects that you are still figuring out? Related to metrics, to educating game developers for debt-based UA funding?
- When you do a deal with a game company, do you ask them for personal guarantees or something similar on the financing?