EGD 011: How Venture Capital Works For Games with Carl Fritjofsson Partner at Creandum
Today I had a chat with Carl Fritjofsson, partner at venture capital firm Creandum, with offices in Stockholm, San Francisco and Berlin.
Before his VC job, Carl founded two startups and raised several rounds of funding. After his second company, Carl left to work with the world’s most active seed investor 500 Startups in San Francisco, coaching and mentoring early stage companies through an intensive 4 months accelerator program. In parallel to this Carl was a part-time Venture Partner with Creandum supporting its portfolio in the US market.
In 2016 Carl scaled up to a full-time partner role with Creandum. He now is to go-to guy at Creandum in all their gaming related investments. Carl tweets on Twitter with @fritjofsson.
We talk with Carl about:
- How should a founder approach a financing round?
- How does your decision making change from Pre-Seed, to Seed, to Series A?
- Why isn’t the tech VC looking at games, when they are looking at mix of other tech related startups?
Content mentioned on the episode:
- The Making of The Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
Where can you find the episode:
- Listen on Apple iTunes
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- More links to your favorite Podcast apps, click here