EGD 056: VC by founders with Eric Lagier, Managing Partner at byFounders
Today I’m talking with Eric Lagier, the managing partner of byFounders, a venture capital firm based out of Copenhagen, Denmark. byFounders is a “for founders by founders” venture fund built on the foundation and backing of a strong Founders Collective, comprising a significant group of some of the most successful Danish & Nordic entrepreneurs investing in and supporting a new generation of globally ambitious Nordic and Baltic entrepreneurs.
Topics that we cover include:
- What is the byFounders way of helping founders?
- You built a career in tech in the Bay Area. What do you see as the main things that Nordic startups can learn from the scene in the Valley?
- What are the things that you get excited about when you meet founders for the first time?
- What does your decision-making process look like?
- You were in startups in 2008 when the last crash happened. How do you see the Coronavirus scare being different from 2008?