EGD 050: Growing a Games Company with Daniel Hasselberg, Co-Founder and CEO of MAG Interactive
Today I’m talking with Daniel Hasselberg, the Co-Founder and CEO of MAG Interactive, a mobile games company based in Stockholm, Sweden. I met Daniel several years ago when they had just launched their hit word game Ruzzle. Since then, the company has IPOed and has been growing with more office locations and several launched games. We’ll now discuss the learnings from that journey with Daniel.
Topics that we cover in this episode include:
- When you had found success with Ruzzle and started growing, how did you know what people you “needed to have on the bus”?
- What do you think is the way to becoming a successful founder in gaming?
- How do you build games that you feel confident you can scale?
- Building a portfolio of games. How much focus do you put into new games versus maintaining new games? How do you figure out the balance?
- How do you keep up with the trends, and keep ahead of the competition in word gaming?
- What did you learn to do fundraising in the early days?