EGD 044: Game Entrepreneur's Journey with Teemu Mäki-Patola, COO & CMO of Frogmind
Today I’m talking with Teemu Mäki-Patola, who is the COO and CMO of Frogmind, a Helsinki based mobile games company. Teemu’s entrepreneurial career in gaming started at the same time as mine when he founded the Virtual Air Guitar Company in 2006.
We talk about his experiences, a journey which took him to join Frogmind in the early days and to eventually getting a majority stake acquired by Supercell. I have much admiration for Teemu. In all the dire moments in his career, he never gave up.
Topics that we cover include:
- Let’s talk about Virtual Air Guitar Company. How did that get started and what were your biggest learnings there?
- How did you want to do things differently with Frogmind from Virtual Air Guitar?
- You must be really happy with Supercell? They are super nice people and understand games and game developers?
- If you hear of game devs, doing free-to-play and live service games for the first time, what is your advice to them?
- What have been your worst 24 hours in the games industry?