EGD 039: Understand your game through playtesting with Christian Ress Co-Founder and CEO of Playtestcloud
Today I’m talking Christian Ress, who is the co-founder and CEO of Playtestcloud, a playtesting service startup from Berlin, Germany. I’m fascinated by the reasons why playtests, surveys and focus groups, have always been in the shadow of metrics, as a decision-making tool. You can learn so much from reading player sentiment and observing their behavior. Will now cover this and more with Christian.
Topics that we cover include:
- In the early days, did you clearly know what you wanted to build?
- How did you incorporate the learnings and then build out the features going from there?
- Why are playtests important?
- What has been the best impact for a developer? Like what is the best way to approach analyzing the findings, that you’ve heard of?
- Do you think that small games companies should have dedicated game user researchers?
- If you could give one playtesting advice for early stage companies, what would that be?