Riley Andersen is the Co-Founder and CEO of Umami Games, a hyper-casual games startup from Copenhagen Denmark. Riley has been in the games industry for a few years now, but she has already started two games companies and is working quickly towards the right game with the right KPIs.
Topics that we cover:
- Can you talk about your first company, how you started it and what happened with the company?
- What did you learn from your first company?
- Hyper casual, what is interesting about developing these games?
- What improvements should happen in the field of hyper casual?
- Thinking about diversity and multiculturalism in the games industry, how have you seen things develop in the recent years?
- Culture: should new joiners be a culture fit, or should they be considered a culture add?
- Firing: your best performer ever is also the most toxic person you’ve ever met. What do you do?
Content mentioned in this episode: